This extraordinary property is situated in a beautiful place in the heart of Umbria, close to the artistic and religious centers of Assisi, Spoleto and Siena, it is comfortable accessed from Rome and Florence.
The original main building of the villa was built in 1700 around the ancient watchtower from the 15th century. The property belonged to a noble family of marquises. In 1930 a count bought the property and hired a famous roman architect to renovate it, which inspired his ideas from the famous Roman and Tuscany places from 16th and 17th centuries,. At the beginning of WWII, the villa was rented to famous jewelers of Rome and during the war, due to its importance and central position, it also became one of the main places for the headquarters of the German Army, and later also for the Allied Troops.
The present owner was carefully restoring the villa during years, keeping the original look and the features.
The property is consisting of: Main villa (2.450 sq m), Renovated farmhouse (721 sq m), Old Tuscan farmhouse (1378 sq m) in need of restoration (shell in good conditions), Outbuildings (for total of 500 sq m), ancient stone tower, from which it opens the stunning view over the surrounding hills and plains; formal and informal Italian gardens, swimming pool, amphitheater, pond for swans, wine cellar, horse stalls, hayloft, pigsty, greenhouses, aqueduct for approx 4 km long, a hunting reserve for pheasants and hares and many other beautiful places.
Description of the main house: Basement: 9 rooms, portico; Ground floor: living area; First floor: 4 main bedrooms with anterooms and bathrooms, a gallery; Second floor: up to 8 guest rooms; Third floor (Mezzanine - tower): 1 room and a bathroom; Fourth floor (tower): one room. In the renovated farmhouse there are 2 garages and 2 living units: one is used for the groundskeepers; and the other one is consisting of 3 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, study, living room, kitchen and a balcony. Inside the houses there are many decorations with medieval frescoes, mosaics; there are libraries, lounges, billiard rooms; marble fireplaces, original doors, terracotta floors and many other original features.
The property lies on 10 hectares of land, 5 of which are used as garden and parks and the other land is used for farming.
The property is a famous place, declared as a protected historic, artistic and architectural heritage of Umbria.
© Homes and Villas Abroad, for Perugia real estate